This weekend marks the return of Portsmouth’s annual Beast of the East Rugby Tournament. The worst weekend to get seriously hurt on Aquidneck island is back. If you have ever been to the Beast of the East you know what I am saying. The ambulance traffic is off the charts in this area this time every year, and i am sure it effects response time. With that said it is always an exciting weekend for rugby fans and curious people alike. This years tournament features teams from all around the North East, such as Boston College, UMaine, and Ithica to name a few. The first game starts at 8:50 at the Glen in Portsmouth and directions can be found here so if you are into violence and sports come and check it out.
- Local NewsFifth Element in Newport Proposes New Hotel on Broadway
- Local NewsODESZA and SOFI TUKKER performing this week in Providence
- Local NewsTickets for the 2018 Newport Folk Festival are now on sale!
- Local NewsSuccessful fundraiser means West Park Food Hall will become a reality
- Local NewsAdding Jobs to RI Economy Requires a New Approach to Transit
- Lifestyle‘The Blastmaster’ KRS-One, set to rock Newport Blues Cafe this Thursday
- LifestyleA Fall Weekend in Rhode Island to Remember
- Local NewsHotel approved for Newport Yachting Center location
- College NewsURI Men’s Basketball selected as favorite to win A-10 title
- College NewsCeltics take over Salve Regina as they prepare for the season in Newport